Pentecost Projects 2021
Personal Care Kits
Assembling Personal Care Kits to be distributed by Lutheran World Relief is one of the 2021 Pentecost Projects at St. Luke.
Include the following items in each Personal Care Kit:
- One lightweight bath-size towel (20” x 40” to 27” x 52”), dark color recommended. Please stay within stated size ranges.
- Two or three bath-size bars of soap equaling 8 – 9 oz, any brand, in its original wrapping; no mini or hotel size bars
- One adult-size toothbrush in its original packaging
- One sturdy comb (no picks or fine toothed combs); remove packaging
- One metal nail clippers (attached file optional), remove packaging
Please do not add other items or leave out any of the items listed. All items should be new and in good condition.
Wrap all the items in the towel and tie securely with ribbon or yarn. Do not enclose the kit or any of its contents in plastic bags.
If you would like to contribute to the cost of shipping the kits ($2.65 each), include the amount in your offering envelope (checks payable to St. Luke) designated as LWR Quilt & Kit Shipping Fund.
Place your completed kit in the designated bin by the keypad door by October 3, 2021.
Paper Product Collection
Once again we are lifting up the opportunity to assist individuals in our area who are without homes by collecting paper products for The Franklin County Homeless Shelter.
The shelter especially needs toilet paper and paper towels.
For more information about the shelter visit www.sccap.org/homeless-services.
Place paper products in the designated bins by November 21 by the keypad door.
The third project to consider for Pentecost is a donation to Lutheran World Relief for COVID-19 Response.
Information about LWR COVID-19 Response is at https://lwr.org/lwr-global-response-covid-19.
To support this effort, please make your checks for LWR COVID-19 Response out to St. Luke with LWR COVID-19 Response in the memo line.